Although lesser known, Marketing is one of the fastest growing and most interesting career fields to be in. The question is often asked whether the MBA in marketing is relevant to a developing country like India in the same way as it is relevant to highly developed countries. The answer is Yes. Today India is a developing country so their will be huge demand for marketing professionals in future because of following reasons:
- India displays feature of a free Market economy
- Make in India & Digital India
- Shift from shortage to surplus and from seller’s market to buyer’s market
- Growing competition because of LPG(Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization)
- Penetration of consumer products in Rural India
- FDI (Foreign direct Investment)
- Growth of service marketing
As far as job opportunities in marketing is concerned, it offers a range of lucrative and interesting careers in Media Research, Copywriters, Typographers, Visualizers, Scriptwriters. Other job opportunities in marketing are the Marketing Research, Sales and Distribution Management, Brand Management, Product Research, Customer Relation Management, Advertising Management, E-marketing, Product Planning and Development, Retail Management, Consumer Behavior etc.
After compiling information from multiple sources, including the data supplied by the B-schools and survey from recruiters, here is the list of the top B-schools that are best for MBA in Marketing in India:
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad IIM-A is widely known for its highly accomplished faculty, world class infrastructure and is well known for promoting managerial excellence in the country.
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi FMS approaches learning by combining fieldwork, case studies and instrumented feedback while maintaining strong emphasis on concepts and application.
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta Situated in the heart of the nation’s cultural capital, IIM-C lets you be in consistent touch with the conventional market views and the recent advances while the course keeps you busy with academics.
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore Some of the nation’s brilliant business minds has emerged from IIM-B and has managed to earn itself a place among the best colleges of the country.
- S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai SPJIMR has a reputation of understanding the requirement of the marginalised sections of the society by offering unique, powerful and relevant programs.
- Xavier’s Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur (XLRI) The foundation of XLRI lies in being an inventive centre to push the limits of a highly dynamic business environment.
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow IIM-L can be praised as the centre of excellence in executive activities.
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore IIM-I is known as a student-centric institute and boasts of having the best teachers in marketing domain.
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode IIM-K honor itself on providing a holistic environment for learning and development.
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon Being situated in the emerging marketing capital of the country, MDI, ensures a assured career in the field.
An MBA in Marketing has become one of the most desired degrees by both students and employers in recent years. With the shift to digital and online marketing, most businesses now have their own, in-house marketing teams that specialize in bringing traffic and customers to the company.
What are you waiting for? Go grab the opportunity!