20 years, 7 books, 8 films, translation into 79 languages and 450 million copies later, a generation of children still come back to the books and films time and again. They also offer up a treasure trove of wisdom. On that note, here are top quotes that inspires us:
- It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
– Albus Dumbledore, The Chamber of Secrets.
- Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppresses? All of them realize that one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one that rises against them and strikes back.
– Albus Dumbledore, The Half Blood Prince.
- Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you Finally Feel it.
– Albus Dumbledore, The Goblet of Fire.
- Every human life is worth the same and worth saving.
– Kingsley Shacklebolt, The Deathy Hallows.
- Humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.
– Albus Dumbledore, The Philosopher’s Stone.
- We have all got light and dark inside us.What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.
– Sirius Black, The order of the Phoenix.
- If you want to know what a man’s like, take a look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
– Sirius Black, Goblet of Fire.
- Perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it.
– Albus Dumbledore, The Deathly Hallows.