Nothing makes study more difficult than feeling uncomfortable when you sit for hours but not able to study effectively. This is especially true when you are distracted by many other things around you. Are you tired of trying too hard and not able to find a hack to cope with your boring books yet? So, we bring to you these hacks which will make your studies more interesting and effective.
watch 1. Switch To Good Music : Pick something that has catchy tunes and will relax you. Pick out the ones which have no lyrics as it will catch too much of your attention and will take your mind off studying. Something in the electronic music genres such as pop or jazz is great for studying.
2. Schedule Time Slots : Plan your activities for the day and Do not make your study a never-ending process. Divide a time slot and devote your sincere time to it. Make a firm decision about not getting distracted by anything during that time period.
3. Assign The Tasks: Make a to do list. Draft a plan to accomplish the topics you need to cover and then focus on execution. If you have good planning about how to utilize your time then it will not be monotonous for you.
4. Try Using Flashcards: Flashcards are really a good revision resource. These are useful not just to prepare for an exam rather can be utilized all year round to make your studies more relatable. Flashcards can be effective while studying formulas or even while learning reactions and can be carried anywhere and everywhere.
5. Have a Different Perspective: Maybe your are studying just to score well and not looking at the bigger picture. Even if the topic is least interesting, do not just keep preparing yourself for an exam but initiate lifelong learning. Try to think outside the book placed in front of you and put the topic into a wider perspective.
6. Go Over Your Notes & Draw Pictures. This works really well if you are a visual learner. Read and draft your own diagrams from the information you gather. This will help you retain whatever you read as well as make your revision simpler.
7. Try using interactive learning material: Today, you have an advantage of having good quality study material on the internet. With plenty of online courses and other web resources, you’d surely be able to find some interactive learning software for the subject you’re trying to tackle.
8. Treat Yourself: Set a target and treat yourself with a small gift or a break after accomplishing it. This will encourage you to keep going for more and boost your enthusiasm.
Once you’re done with your preparations, try to teach a friend. This will strengthen your preparations and boost your confidence to face the exam.