CAT Exam is given for admission into B-Schools for MBA or PGDM courses. The study material required for any test is significantly important. Many students opt for dedicated course syllabus designed by a particular institute while some choose for books as per the topics and few select the study material as per specific author. But, still the question remains unanswered as which is best material for CAT exam! The CAT exam syllabus is divided in 3 parts and 5 subjects.
Part 1: RC & VA (Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability)
Part 2: LR & DI (Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation)
Part 3: Quantitative Aptitude
Getting the right CAT study material for preparation is like half battle won. Educolada is here to help you select the Best study material for CAT exam.
Part 1: RC & VA
http://flyingsquidstudios.com/files/Noirnt_101.html Reading Comprehension
Prerequisite for Reading Comprehension is that you inhibit reading on a daily basis. Daily reading will help a lot to master your reading skills. Try reading comics or maybe novels that interests you to maintain your pace.
Quick Tip:- RC has the biggest chunk in the pie of marks so be extra careful with it.
Go for these books to get fully prepared for RC section:
- http://turkishinterpretingusa.com/lfof/ohvcg.php?bkq=pegasus-uÃ§uÅŸ-iptali How to Read Better and Faster by Norman Lewis
- buy provigil online Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Ajay Singh
- Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit Sinha
Verbal ability has question from wide roots of English language like Grammar, vocabulary, etc. The question can range from anywhere. People with clear basics will have an upper hand in this section.
Quick Tip:- Look for the clues in every option because it’s easy to eliminate the undesired options.
Go for these books to get fully prepared for VA section:
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Word power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Time study material
Part 2: LR & DI
Logical reasoning becomes a cakewalk if you read the data carefully. Making a table of the given data can be time consuming but will surely help you to have a clear picture of the problem.
Quick tip:– Never preassume any information because 99.9% necessary data is already mentioned in the question.
Students do not only lose their confidence in this section but marks too. Data interpretation is often underestimated by students but it is not easy as it seems to be. Specially students with no background in Analytics lose their cool as they see graphs.
Quick tip:- Some graphs are difficult to study like bubble graph (CAT 2016). Make sure to practice different type of graphs effectively.
Go for these books to get fully prepared for LR and DI section:
- “How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT” By Arun Sharma
- “How to prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT” By Arun Sharma
- Test Series question papers from TIME
- LR & DI for CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Course book of Career Launcher
Part 3: Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude is the nightmare of every non engineering student. Though the syllabus is only till class 10th but it requires great presence of mind and clear basics.
Quicktip:- The solution to any question won’t take long. Do not get emotional with question, getting the correct answer is more important than number of questions attempted.
Go for these books to get fully prepared for QA section:
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude – Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum – Sarvesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination – RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT- Nishit Sinha
Well now you know about the best study material for CAT exam so go ahead and share the word.